My Blog List

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Susan Sontag Writing Assignment


A. This photo was taken because of the scenery in the background of the photograph. The person who took this picture took it for documentation so that every time I look at it I will remember being there.
B. The photographer of this image was my mom. We are very close and she loves taking pictures of me, my brothers, and my sisters.
C. The context of this image is to be viewed as a reminder of where I was at the time and what the place looked like. This photograph is intended to be viewed by my family and anyone who is intereseted. It can be viewed for however long one wants to look at it. These kinds of photos are always interesting to see a long while after it was taken.




A. The photo was a really just a snap shot. I walked up some stairs and saw my brother sitting on the bench waiting for me and my family so I took his picture. I really like the way it turned out. He doesn't usually let me or my mom take good pictures of him and this gave me the best opportunity to take it with a nice background.
B.  The person in this photograph is my brother and we are really close.
C. This photo can be viewed in any way. The viewer will most likely not look at it for too long. They will notice the guy sitting in the bench holding a fountain drink, but won't try to analyze why he is there. They will appreciate the background of this photograph more than anything, I think.





A. This photograph was probably taken for a portrait of this girl. The photographer might have wanted to capture her personality and record it for other people to see.

B. From the look on her face, she does not seem to like the photographer very much. Maybe there was a particular thought in her mind that she wasn't too fond of, but my guess is that the photographer said something she didn't like and it made her mad.

C. The context of this photo is to be viewed as a little girl who is really upset about something. The viewer is to look at it long enough to interpret her emotions and take a guess at what she was feeling the moment this photograph was taken of her. Maybe she didn't want to have her picture taken after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment