My Blog List

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Playful/Periodic Critique Part 2

On Monday, September 13, we had another group critique. We were given a guide as to which questions we should ask and what we should look for in the person's work. My group went to each person's sketches and told them what they should improve and what is working really well in the pieces.

My group told me that my playful and periodic sketches were both communicated successfully and they would be able to tell which one was which if they were separated.

Improvements:
I need to fix the edges on some of the compositions, color in the shapes better, and use better paper to work on so the glue will stick better. These are some details I noticed myself that I chose to fix.
My group told me that in the playful piece, one of the squares looked a bit rectangular. They noticed closure and continuance in both and said that my continuance piece looks similar to my playful one because of they way the squares and circles are positioned and the way they flow. They suggested I bring the squares in the periodic piece a little lower or higher to create a better effect. The sketches they chose for me to use for Part 3 were my continuance and playful sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment