My Blog List

Monday, September 27, 2010

Final Critique of Text as Texture

My critique group told me that my my background harmonized with the dots. They said that it was a good choice to keep it from contrasting. The newspaper flows and adds continuance to the piece. The liked how I made the newspaper darker in the middle, and lighter as it extends outwards. The different elevations work well. They said that the black newspaper around my cirlces works good because it adds to the 3D effect. They noticed that the first dot in the middle has newspaper running in a different direction than the others. They didn't like this, but I do because it marks the beginning of the swirl. The newspaper isn't closing around my circles enough. There is some white space in some text, but the radiating of the cut lines on the outside is good.

They told me that my accordion book has a good variety of circle ideas. The craftsmanship is good. They said that any one of them could be their own piece if they were hung on the wall. If I would have chosen the star template then it would have been too contrasting.









No comments:

Post a Comment