My Blog List

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Project 1: Critique

9/1/10

Every table group had to critique each person's final 16 sketches.
Everyone had to mix up their 16 dots so that it would not be obvious which category they belong to. We worked on one person at a time to keep it organized. The author of the sketches could only write down the critiques while the group separated the sketches into the appropriate category. Not everyone agreed on every decision and we were encouraged to argue and prove our point. My table group's critiques for my sketches were that all of my categories had the same sort of pattern. This occurred the most in the similarity category. There are quite a few that contain the same size small dots, which made them seem too related. The sketches I have for closure were all the same average size. There was not really a variety of sizes so this made it seem like a pattern was being used. After seeing the rest of my table's sketches, I was able to see and accept different ideas that do work for the categories that I didn't even think of. Finally, my group selected my strongest four out of each category to refine and add to the crit wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment