My Blog List

Monday, October 4, 2010

Ink Sketches

I chose four sketches out of my different methods. This project is really messy, but I like seeing all the different marks I can make with random methods and objects.

TAPE METHOD

I used the bottom of a candle, dipped it in ink, and beat it down on the paper over and over again.

With this one I used a paint brush and made an arrow sign over and over again.

I used rubber bands and went all over the page with them.
These marks were made with a knife.

DRIP METHOD
On this one I just dropped ink and blew in different directions. I let the ink sit a little longer on this one.

I dropped smaller dots and then turned the paper in different directions.
On this one I started blowing in one direction, but then I started turning the page.

I held the paper upright and then dropped the ink onto it.


 SLIDING METHOD
I dipped my hand in the ink and then slapped it one the paper and slid it to make it look a little creepy. Then I just patted my hand in random spots.

I used the bottom of a sonic cup and kept sliding it in this semi-circular motion.

I used a nail and slid it across the paper in random spots.

I used the side of a candle and slid it in different directions on the paper.
SCRAPING/DRAGGING METHOD

I used a razor and started at the top, dragged, and then started at the bottom and dragged.

With this one I hit the paper with the razor and then dragged it. It has a few holes in it.

I just made a motion with the razor over and over again.

I used the razor and made the shape with a downward motion.

1 comment: