My Blog List

Monday, October 4, 2010

Process and Critique for Performance

For my performance I really wanted to jump rope because it is fun and I haven't done it in so long. It was sort of  a challenge for me, and I liked that. I had other ideas, but this is the one that stuck.
Someone else did a jump roping performance, so I asked Bill if I could still do it and he said yes. I wanted to make it a little different so I added the Rocky music to add a little humor and I did different tricks in it to show that I was practicing or warming up for something.
When I was called out to perform, my music wouldn't start because I accidentally turned the music all the way down so this added a little suspense. Everyone kept looking at me like, what are you doing? Juston yelled out that it wouldn't work so I ran across the blue lined box to fix it and then ran back to my original spot. Then the music started and I was finally able to jump rope!

When I was being critiqued Bill asked me if all of the technical difficulties were planned, or if they just happened. I told him that it was just an accident and everyone agreed that my performance would have been more interesting if that was it; me having stage fright and then having technical difficulties so I couldn't perform. It would have made it funnier and better because no one would have thought of that. Some people told me they liked my performance because I added tricks, and they liked that I played music while I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment