My Blog List

Monday, October 4, 2010

Process Write Up for the Uncomfortable Video

When we were given this assignment, I was stuck again. I started thinking about all of the obvious things I could do to make people uncomfortable, but I didn't want to use them because I thought of them so quickly. I finally decided to try making a scary video because in my history of photography class we were watching a video and it showed a series of pictures right after the other, and it made it into a story. It was a little girl sitting in a chair reading with a coat rack next to her. It really scared me because it made the jacket seem like a monster or something and it made me really uncomfortable to be sitting there and watching it when I knew it was just a whole bunch of pictures taken at different times. So this is why I made a scary video.

My other video came to me when my sister was talking about pigs with apples in their mouths. So I decided I would lay on the table (acting as the pig) with an apple in my mouth and make it look like these two people were eating me, when really I was just laying there on the table like it was my daily routine or something. Cannibalism is something that makes everyone uncomfortable because they don't like the idea of it, so this worked well in the video. I also wanted to make it a little funnier than my other videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment